Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pre-Show Freak Out!

March 26, 2014

            Holy shit, the stress before a show is unbearable! Like it was thirty minutes before my show and my actors were just getting into their costumes. They have four costume changes! They have to layer! Then, they didn’t pre-set their props until the house opened. By the time they were ready, it was time for them to get into places for the show to start. What was I doing during this time? I was trying NOT to pull out my hair and scream at the top of my lungs. Like WTF?!
            I even had a prop and costume scare. One of my actors couldn’t find their first costume. It was in the room that we rehearsed in that morning. She was supposed to have it with her at all times. Then, another one thought she lost one of her props. So, I started freaking out because the prop was from my house. We found them but with a few minutes to spare.

            While I was waiting in the audience, I could feel my stomach doing summer saults. I couldn’t help but stand up and move around until someone forced me to sit down. I was so nervous! I was nervous that no one was going to laugh during the show or even understand what was going on in the show. It was the worst feeling ever. But once everything got started, the show was fantastic. People laughed, they were engaged, and I was so relieved. Stressing over nothing, it’s what I do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment